Blueberry & Blackberry Infused Vodka + New Year’s Eve Cocktail Recipes
If you are having a New Year’s Eve bash this year, infused vodkas make a festive basis for some fabulous cocktails. Or perhaps you are lucky enough to be attending a soiree held by someone else? A fruity infused vodka makes a perfect hostess gift and is much more original than wine. Start them now and they’ll be perfectly flavour-infused by the big night.
Berry Infused Vodka Recipe
- 3 cups of berries such as blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, strawberry
- 1 lemon
- 1 whole vanilla bean
- 1L (750ml) of inexpensive vodka
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel off 3-4 strips of lemon rind. Use the back of a paring knife to remove as much pith (white stuff) as you can. Pith = bitter. Add rind to a large mason jar.
- Add berries to jar and mash lightly. Spilt vanilla bean in half an add it as well.
- Pour the entire bottle of vodka over the mixture, seal with a lid and shake. Leave in a cool, dark place for 3 days.
- After 3 days, strain the infused vodka through a fine strainer or medium cheesecloth into a bottle. Repeat straining in a finer cheesecloth for a clearer liquid (optional).
New Year’s Eve Cocktails
- 1 oz blueberry infused vodka
- 1/2 oz brandy
- 1/2 oz ginger syrup
- 3 oz soda
- 6 oz champagne
- 1/2 oz blackberry infused vodka
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- garnish with floating cranberries
- fresh mint leaves, muddled at bottom of glass with…
- …the juice of 1/2 a lime
- top with 2 oz strawberry infused vodka
- 3 oz ginger beer
- 3 oz soda
- 1 1/2 oz Midori melon liqueur
- 1 1/2 oz raspberry infused vodka
- 1/2 oz elderflower liqueur
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- sugar for rimming
- melon ball for garnish