60+ Ways to Carve a Pumpkin
It’s pumpkin season! Why is that so exciting to me? Because the pumpkin is the ultimate creative muse for the season. I absolutely loved carving pumpkins for Halloween when I was a young Trick-or-Treater. From the gooey feel of the pumpkin guts to the toothy grin that glowed from candlelight, it was pure fall crafting heaven. Please join me on a tour of the 66 (sixty-six!) most fabulous pumpkins that have ever been carved, decorated or created, including a few squash cousins, and faux pumpkin friends.
- Janit from Two Green Thumbs shows us how to make a Miniature Pumpkin House that’s easy, quick, and fun.
- She also wrote a tutorial on How to Carve a Miniature Pumpkin into tiny jack-o-lanterns!
- These hanging pumpkin luminaries have my heart.
- Sara from Blitz & Giggles used a solar light to make her Solar Light Jack-o-Lantern. Brilliant!
- Sarah from Home-ology created these Starry Night Pumpkin Luminaries complete with comets.
- These Etched Pumpkins really steal the show. See all five designs and print the patterns!
- Michael from Inspired by Charm turned blue pumpkins, succulents, and spiders into an upscale Halloween Succulent Pumpkin that’s anything but scary.
- Pumpkins also make for a wonderful Thanksgiving Table Decoration as you can see with this Pumpkin Table Centerpiece with Succulent Pumpkins and these five Pumpkin Flower Arrangements.
- If you do make a pumpkin planter, be sure to read about How to Make Planted Pumpkins Last and check out the gorgeous fall mum planter.
- Ever since I created my first Jack-o-Plantern I knew it would become an annual thing. I first was inspired by these five Jack-o-Planterns and I made two of my own and showed the step by step to make it.
- I made this Groovy Pumpkin Head Planter and then Hooty the Owl Pumpkin.
- Melissa, The Empress of Dirt, came over to the dark side and decorated her pumpkins for fall. You can see her Sedum and Weep no-carve pumpkin and also browse through the 21 entries to the Crack-Me-Up-o-Lantern Pumpkin Decorating Competition.
- Barb from Our Fairfield Home & Garden’s Junk-o-Lantern was also in that competition but it deserves as special mention!
- These silly faces are painted on pumpkins and squash but they have lots of personality! See all 13 Painted Pumpkin Faces here.
- Ashley, from lil blue boo, made these Sugar Scull-Inspired Owl Pumpkins, with a sharpie!
- This DIY House Vent Pumpkin from Karen, Garden Chick, took a whole lot of paint to cover, but was it ever worth it!
- Shelley from Sow and Dipity made these fun DIY Recycled Wood Pumpkins to spice up her fall flower display.
- Jenn at Clean and Scentsible made this adorable Pumpkin Soap.
That’s a Lot of Pumpkins!
I didn’t include the 75,000 pumpkins, gourds, and squash that the Dallas Arboretum used to decorate their Pumpkin Village, but it’s a sight to see!
See plenty more pumpkin ideas on my Pinterest Pumpkin Board: