There’s nothing like a homemade gift; especially one that’s edible. I purposely preserve extra jams and jellies each year for gift-giving. My friends and family look forward to my baskets of homemade food gifts that I give out for special occasions.
An edible gift is perfect for those hard-to-shop-for people in your life, as well as those who already have everything. Making a specialty jam or syrup from herbs and fruits you harvested from your own garden makes the gift even more special. Need some inspiration? Here’s a list of homemade gifts from the kitchen that will have you set for birthdays, weddings, and the holidays.
Jams and Jellies
- No special canning equipment needed to make this deliciously sweet Strawberry Freezer Jam.
- If you know a wine lover, try making The Prudent Garden’s Herb Wine Jelly using their favorite bottle of wine.
- For those friends who like things sweet and hot, try An Oregon Cottage’s Honey Sweetened Jalapeno Jelly.
Syrups and Extracts
- Vanilla is the most popular flavor enhancer in baked sweets. Making it is a cinch. Whip up a batch of Seeded at the Table’s Homemade Vanilla Extract for your baker friends.
- Do you know someone who loves mint? Try Kirbie’s Craving DIY mint extract.
- Spoon Fork Bacon’s Homemade Champagne simple syrup makes a perfect addition to a home bar.
- Homemade wine? Yes, please! Your friends will be thrilled to get a bottle of Homemade Country Wine by the Lovely Greens.
Herbs and Spices
- For those who love things spicy, whip up Kiss My Smoke’s Bring da Heat Rub.
- Send the gift of seasonal scents with Hearth and Vine’s Simmering Potpourri.
- Here are 5 more recipes for simmering spices and a pretty packaging idea in mason jars: It’s Beginning to Smell a Lot Like Christmas.
- Both beautiful and versatile, Herb-Infused Vinegars make lovely gifts for your foodie friends.
- Make a few batches of Grow a Good Life’s Italian Salad Dressing for gifting and to keep on hand for your next dinner party.
Other Great Gifts
- Don’t forget your little furry friends. These Squirrely Dog Biscuits will get you invited over often by a four-legged host/hostess.
- Tasty Yummies’ Chocolate Bark will satisfy any chocolate lover. Make it extra special by adding some herbs like lavender or rosemary to the bark.
- With only a few ingredients, you can make these yummy Pumpkin Spice Palmiers in a jiffy for a scrumptious gift fresh from the oven.
Grab even more delicious recipes for gift-giving and healthy eating! Get Sugar & Spice: Handmade Gifts from the Kitchen.