Decadent Chocolate Mint Lip Balm
A luscious treat for the chocolate lover without any of those pesky calories. Cocoa butter is ultra moisturizing and because it melts at body temperature, it is readily absorbed into the skin. The mint essential oils will add a cooling tingle to this luxurious lip butter.
- 1 tbsp cocoa butter
- 1 tbsp sweet almond oil
- 1 tbsp castor oil
- 1 tbsp grated beeswax
- ½ tsp carnauba wax
- 8 drops peppermint essential oil
- 7 drops spearmint essential oil
- Optional ¼ tsp cocoa powder
- Double boiler
- Small spatula or metal spoon
- 4 metal tins or pots
1. Melt the cocoa butter, oils, and waxes in the double boiler.
2. Remove from heat, add essential oils, and blend well.
3. Pour into pots and leave untouched to set.
Add a decorative label if you wish and give this decadent chocolate mint lip balm away as a gift. And be sure to keep some for yourself to treat your lips when they are feeling dry.
To really give lips the full spa treatment, scrub them with this healing honey lip scrub before smoothing on a slick of chocolate mint lip balm.
For more natural beauty recipes, see The Natural Beauty Recipe Book.