Fresh herbs are the star in this fresh and tasty take on Tabbouleh made with quinoa and a splash of lime.
- 3 cups prepared quinoa
- 3 cups finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mint
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped cherry or grape tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook the quinoa according to package directions, taking care to rinse at least five times before cooking to eliminate bitterness. Allow to cool completely. Finely chop fresh herbs, add to quinoa, and toss well. Wisk olive oil, lemon & lime juice, and salt & pepper together, then toss well into quinoa and herb salad. Add chopped tomatoes and allow to rest for 1 hour before serving.