Garden Fresh Quiche with Tomatoes, Chives, and Goat Cheese
This quiche is a perfect go to recipe for a brunch party. The flaky All Butter Pie Crust is just decadent enough to stand up to the acid in the grape tomatoes and the creamy, richness of the goat’s cheese.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
- All Butter Pie Crust (cut recipe in half for just one quiche)
- 1 cup goat cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in a large pan and add red onion. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent; let cool.
- Bake weighted pie crust (as described in the All Butter Pie Crust recipe) in oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, and salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Place cooled pie crust on a rimmed baking sheet. Crumble goat cheese around the bottom then pour egg mixture on top. Sprinkle chives evenly over the surface then place the tomato halves, cut side up, evenly around the quiche.
- Bake until center of quiche is set, which should take about 50 to 60 minutes.