Hold onto your hats kale lovers, we have the First Lady of Kale, Sharon Hanna, here today to share a recipe from her book: The Book of Kale: The Easy-to-Grow Superfood 80+ Recipes (Harbour Publishing).
Tuscan Kale with White Beans & Roasted Garlic
- 8 cups (2 l) Tuscan kale, trimmed and cut in chiffonade
- 1½ cups (350 ml) cooked cannellini or other white beans, drained
- 3 whole heads of garlic, roasted, cloves removed and skinned
- 6–8 beautiful red radishes, quartered
- 6 small tomatoes, quartered
- Flat Italian parsley leaves for garnish
This super easy composed salad is great for a potluck or weekend lunch. If you want more protein, quartered hard-boiled eggs would fit well on the platter.
Place kale chiffonade on a platter or in a shallow, wide bowl. Scatter beans around artfully, then compose the salad by placing the veggies all over. Garnish with parsley.
Dress with a basil vinaigrette (recipes follow) or another that you like.
Sharon Hanna provides more than seventy simple but superb recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks in The Book of Kale: The Easy-to-Grow Superfood 80+ Recipes (Harbour Publishing). Wilted Kale with Caramelized Parsnips, Pizzocheri Noodles with Greens and Fontina, Kale and Potato Torta and Kale in Coconut Milk with Salmon Candy will blow kale skeptics out of the kitchen.