The complex, earthy scent of Chai spice is sort of magical, isn’t it? The boldness of ginger and cloves co-mingle with the warmth of vanilla and cinnamon to produce a fragrance that is invigorating and comforting all at once. I love Chai spice no matter what form it comes in – whether it’s tea, lattes, or baked goods – so of course I’m a big fan of this DIY Chai spice lip balm.
The fragrant spices in this Chai spice lip balm work to wake you up and make your lips tingle. The spiciness of this recipe will encourage blood flow to the lips, giving them a plumper, fuller look and a subtle rosy hue. If you have sensitive lips, use half the essential oils or avoid using this lip balm if you don’t like the sensation.
Makes 12 tubes
- 4 tbsp castor oil
- 4 tsp beeswax pellets
- 1 tsp carnauba wax
- 8 drops cinnamon essential oil
- 8 drops vanilla absolute essential oil
- 4 drops clove essential oil
- 2 drops ginger essential oil
- Optional ¼ tsp cocoa powder
Melt the oil and waxes in a double boiler. Remove from heat, add essential oils and blend well. If you want your lip balm to have a little color to it, add the optional cocoa powder at the same time as the essential oils (without the cocoa it will be a natural creamy color). Keep stirring as you pour the lip balm into tubes as the cocoa will settle quickly. Leave untouched to set.
More natural beauty for your lips:
- Protect Your Lips with an All-Natural Sunscreen Lip Balm Recipe
- Healing After-Sun Lip Balm Recipe
- Decadent Chocolate Mint Lip Balm
- Naturally Heal Dry or Chapped Lips with this Honey Lip Scrub
- Candy Cane Lip Balm
- Pucker Up with this Tropical Citrus Lip Gloss Recipe