32 Terracotta Pot Hacks to Liven Up Your Home and Garden
Terracotta pots are my favorite containers to use in the garden. They are inexpensive, available in many different sizes and shapes and made from natural materials. Even if you use them as is, terracotta pots add beautiful color and texture to any type of potted plant.
Did you know how versatile terracotta pots are? There are some pretty creative terracotta pot hacks out there! Sure, they were made for holding plants, but wait until you see what people have made from them! Here’s a myriad of ideas on how to use terracotta pots in your home and garden.
- Tired of just scattering your terracotta pots around the patio? Then stack them! Creating a “tipsy” stack is easier than you think. Tipsy pots allow you pack in a lot of plants in a small space as well as provide vertical interest in a garden.
- Keep the critters out of your vegetable patch with this lovely scarecrow maiden.
- Add a charming lighthouse to your flower garden. It only takes a few supplies to whip up this quick project.
- This fountain would make a tranquil water feature in any garden.
- A great way to re-purpose a broken pot is to turn it into a fairy garden.
- Brighten up your garden with these clay pot critters.
- This terracotta windchime is a fun project to make with the kids.
- A flower pot wreath on your front door is perfect for all seasons.
- This flower pot chandelier would look lovely in a sun room or covered patio.
- If you need a way to add color and storage to a bathroom vanity, try making these toiletry containers.
- Give plain pots a makeover with nail polish!
- Dress up your indoor plants with these colorful painters tape terracotta pots.
- Clay pots look lovely with mosaic tile.
- This terracotta Christmas tree is a must for the holidays.
- Make cute snowmen and reindeer ornaments for your Christmas tree.
- Dress up a table or sideboard with this beautiful candle and succulent centerpiece.
- This outdoor candle planter would make a great hostess gift and you can make it in just 10 minutes!
- Nothing warms up a room like candlelight. These easy-to-make candle holders will add ambiance to any room.
- Or, how about mini terracotta votives?
- A tiered centerpeice would look lovely for a baby or wedding shower.
- How cute are these bubblegum machines for a birthday party?
- Turn a large planter into a drink cooler.
- Mini s’mores pots are fun for adults and kids alike.
- These side tables are quick to make without any tools!
- Forget those spendy electric smokers for your next BBQ, make your own terracotta smoker.
- Warm up a patio with this DIY candle pot heater.
- Create a party place that birds will love with a pedestal bird feeder.
Terra Cotta Tips and Tricks
- Learn to quickly age terracotta to give it a beautiful patina.
- Or make it look vintage with this crackle-finish flower pot.
- Before you try painting the pots you have used before or want to use for new plants, follow these tips on how to clean terracotta pots.
- Love the look of old, weathered pots covered with moss? Learn how to grow moss on your pots.
- You can bake bread in terracotta pots! But first, check out how to season pots before you bake in them.
Even More Flower Pots!
There’s more over on my eBay Blog: 6 Awesome Ways to Personalize a Terracotta Pot: