This coconut oil sugar scrub is like a little slice of heaven for your skin. It smells like the Garden of Eden with a mix of essential oils such as lavender, rose, geranium, carrot seed, and ylang ylang. But the power is not only in the scent because each of these oils have a powerful healing effect on your skin.
- Lavender essential oil on skin is nurturing and calming. It works well to balance oil.
- Rose essential oil calms inflamed skin that suffers from eczema or psoriasis, or just everyday dry skin and wrinkles.
- Geranium essential oil regulates oil production and improves skin’s healthy glow.
- Carrot Seed essential oil works to regenerate skin cells helping to repair wrinkles and scars.
- Ylang Ylang essential oil has a gorgeous floral scent and it helps with skin elasticity.
- 1 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 drops lavender essential oil
- 4 drops ylang ylang essential oil
- 3 drops rose essential oil
- 2 drops geranium essential oil
- 2 drops carrot seed essential oil
Melt the coconut oil on the stove or microwave if it isn’t in liquid form. Regular coconut oil will do just fine. It does not need to be extra virgin for skincare recipes, save that for recipes you plan to eat!
Transfer into two mason jars with plastic lids to store. Will stay fresh in the fridge for months but if you keep it in the shower it will start to break down after a month or two depending on how warm it is.
Use a clean spoon to remove the scrub for each shower. I keep a few of those ice cream taster spoons in the bathroom. Using a spoon will help you avoid adding water and bacteria to the scrub so it will last longer.
Scrub your skin in the shower after washing and pat to dry. The shower may have a bit of oil residue left that can make it a bit slippery. Grab one of those kitchen scrubbers with the handle you can pour soap into and fill it with liquid soap so you can give the shower a quick wash before you get out. It only takes a minute but it will always leave the shower clean and oil-free!