Home chefs, gardeners, and just about anyone who works with their hands can regularly have problems with dry, cracked cuticles. This soothing cuticle balm is packed with an herbal blend that will mend those cracks and make hands soft again. Like all of my homemade beauty products, it is completely natural and gentle on skin.
- 1 tbsp chamomile and calendula infused coconut oil
- 1 tbsp sweet almond oil
- 1 tbsp hemp oil
- 1 tbsp mango butter
- 1½ tbsp grated beeswax
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 5 drops fennel essential oil
- 5 drops clary sage essential oil
- Double boiler or Turkish coffee pot
- Small spatula or metal spoon
- 5 small metal tins or lip balm pots
First, make a batch of calendula and chamomile infused coconut oil using this recipe.
Melt the mango butter, oils, and beeswax in the double boiler or on the stove using a Turkish coffee pot. Stir constantly so the ingredients just melt, but don’t cook.
Remove from heat, add essential oils, and blend well.
Pour into pots or tins and leave untouched to set. If you are using this as a cuticle balm, small lip balm pots are best. Otherwise, use two larger size pots/tins and use it as a hand salve.
More Natural Beauty Recipes: