Do you dread the thought of fighting your way through busy malls and shopping centers in order to pick out the perfect gift? You are not alone. It’s not that I dislike purchasing gifts, I just do not like shopping for them. Gasp, I know, I know…who doesn’t like shopping? Me! (But I LOVE crafting.)
I appreciate when someone takes the time to make me something. Making presents myself is a two-fold gift: I get a joy of the personal time spent being crafty and I get to give something filled with hand-crafted thoughtfulness. If you want to do something extra special for this year, try making your gifts. Your family and friends will love the time and effort spent on such a thoughtful present. If you need some inspiration, you’ve come to the right place. I’ve rounded up some gorgeous homemade gifts inspired by the garden and nature. All of them are easy to make, so hop to it!
Planters and Pots
- Do you know someone who loves all things rustic? House by Hoff shows you how to dress up plain old terra cotta pots with rope and paint.
- For the lover of modern decor, try these mirrored planters from the Art of Doing Stuff.
- How about using up some leftover nail polish to dress up a pot for gifting? Any plant in this nail polish-marbled pot will look extra good.
- Any garden lover will appreciate this DIY Gift Terrarium Kits or DIY Garden Markers from Whit and Whistle.
- How about something pretty and tiny? Try this mini succulent planter gift by The Lovely Greens.
- Use the leaves from your yard to make these pretty clay bowls by Urban Comfort.
- I guarantee that these easy to make Branch Coasters will be a one of a kind gift.
- How about making Soy Beeswax Jar Candles or Seashell Beeswax Tealights? Candles are easier to make than you think.
- Or, make these elegant Hand Stamped Fabric Napkins as a host/hostess gift.
- Perhaps you were gifted a, um, not-so-pretty sweater last year. No worries, turn it into a No Sew Felted Mug Cozy.
Bath and Beauty
- Make homemade Lavender and rosemary soap by the Lovely Greens.
- Skip bath and body stores; you can make an entire spa line for gift giving. Bath Bombs, Tub Teas and Bath Salts are luxurious additions to a spa gift basket.
- For that hard-working gardener whose hands need a bit of TLC, make a batch of Healing Lotion Bars by The Prudent Garden.
You can also find a whole lot more Natural Skincare Recipes here:
Natural Skincare Series
You might also like:
Grab even more delicious recipes for gift giving and healthy eating! Get the Handmade Gifts from the Kitchen eBook.
I just want to thank you Stephanie! I love your articles and this blog gives me real inspiration as i am a spanish(Latam) copywriter. Regards from Argentina =)