Move over houseplants, these creative indoor plant projects take center stage! If you are looking for some ideas on fresh new ways to liven up your decor, look no further. This list of creative projects will surely inspire you to add some green to your home or apartment. The best part is that these projects are simple and low maintenance. Drought-tolerant succulents in terrariums, houseplants that can take neglect, and air plants make for some modern-day displays that work well with modern-day schedules. Not only that, but these projects are packed with STYLE. From wood-burning to modern macrame, your Grandma’s houseplants never looked like this!
Terrariums aren’t just for lizards anymore. These magical worlds under glass are mystical and intriguing.
Start with the basics. This step-by step tutorial comes to us from terrarium expert and author Maria Colletti, terrarium designer for Shop in the Garden at the New York Botanical Garden. Once you have this basic design down, it gives the you the opportunity to interpret a terrarium garden many times over and to with your own vision. Learn how to Create a Gorgeous Pebble Terrarium Garden or a Hanging Globe Terrarium. After that, check out these ideas:
- Wait until you see this Terrarium Night Light!
- Spot of tea? Yes please! This Green Tea Terrarium hits the spot.
- These Terrarium Wedding Favors make the most of your special day. They work double duty as decor and favors.
- These Colorful Terrariums are sure to brighten up your day.
- My oh my, what a lot of things can become a terrarium vessel: Salad Bowl Terrarium Project.
- And while this isn’t technically a terrarium, this Indoor Water Garden should not be missed!
Please take no offense, Granny. I loved your houseplants when I was growing up. I adored your African violets and overgrown spider plant. But in my home the plants are less fussy, and more integrated with the space. Here is a list of some of my favorite indoor plant projects for the modern day.
- These Gorgeous Indoor Plants LOVE the dark. Now that bedroom corner can have a little life.
- Have a Christmas Cactus but it’s looking a bit dusty and sad? Let’s change that! How to Get Your Christmas Cactus to Bloom!
- Sprout Home made these Modern Macramé Plant Hangers with a simple design to add a minimalist appeal to hanging plants.
- Want to know how to keep air plants alive and healthy? Hey, they might even bloom, if you read All About Air Plants and Air Plants in Seashells
- Grow vertical and liven up your home with Indoor Vertical Wall Planters.
- Don’t be fooled by this Moss Art. Yes, it is real, and it’s also NO maintenance and gorgeous.
Want to grow more than beauty indoors? We’ve got you covered:
- Jar-to-Table Gardening: Grow Your Own Spicy, Sweet, and Crispy Sprouts
- Year-Round Salad Gardening: How to Build an Indoor Garden Shelf
- 12 Edible Gardening Hacks: Delectable Edibles You Can Grow Indoors!