Last Minute Holiday Gifts and Printable Gift Tags
I’m proud to say that all of my holiday shopping is done, wrapped, and mailed. I know, I know, many of you may be cursing me right now. But I’ve been preparing for this all year. Those of you who follow Garden Therapy know I love to make things inspired by the natural elements found in the garden: jam, pickles, candles, soap, bath bombs, etc. Now there all sorts of pretty little jars of homemade goodness all over the house, stashed for when some wonderful person invites us to dinner or has a need for a gift. When the holidays come around, I focus on making a few very special things for the people in my life and pull together gift boxes filled with homemade treasures.
If you are looking to pull together some last minute gifts for loved ones, for hostesses, or friends and co-workers, here is a selection of tutorials or recipes that you could work on one evening and have done in just a few hours. Many of the materials you just may have around the house. I’ve added a few suggestions or notes here to help get you on your way.
- Homemade Bourbon Cranberry Sauce Recipe - all of these common ingredients you should be able to pick up when you do your regular shopping. Plus there are some printable labels in this project that will really finish it off with style.
- Soy Beeswax Jar Candles - if you have some old candles you can remelt them and pour them into the jars – just grab some wicks at your local craft store.
- Beeswax Flower Mason Jar Candles - this project is best done if you have a wicks and wax store you know of where you can buy the supplies. But it’s easy once you have all the materials and looks impressive.
- DIY Bath Bombs - know where to buy citric acid and witch hazel? Then you’ve done most of the work! Use ice cube trays as the mould and you’ll end up with cool rectangular bath tablets.
- Simple Sugar Scrub Recipe - only 3 ingredients needed: almond oil (check your natural food store, mine came from Trader Joe’s), sugar, and essential oils. Easy peasy.
- Easy Homemade Bath Salts Recipe - you probably have everything you need at home. If not, check your drugstore. Skip the lavender flowers if you don’t have any and use mint or chamomile tea leaves instead.
- Gardening For Your Front Door: Making Fresh Wreaths - get outside and clip some of your shrubs, wrap around a wire hanger (like in this project), and secure with a string of Christmas lights. A pretty and festive gift.
The final icing on the cake is the wrapping. Pretty bows, candy canes, cheery messages are an important part of spreading holiday cheer. It’s what makes the receiver’s eyes light up, and communicates the effort that went into the homemade package. Since most of these projects are in mason jars, here are some printable holiday labels and matching tags.
- Garden Therapy GIFT TAGS Holiday RED & TEAL
- Garden Therapy 2 Inch Canning Labels Holiday RED & TEAL
- Garden Therapy 2.5 Inch Canning Labels Holiday RED and TEAL
Please enjoy these labels as our gift to you. Print on label paper and cut out with a large craft punch or scissors. Add some ribbons, raffia, or tissue paper and you are all set to dress up your projects.
Wishing you all a wonderful holiday with your friends and family.