Love lavender? Me too! And growing it in my garden means I have found plenty of ways to use lavender in my home. I grow a variety of plants and harvest them yearly. I keep the dried flower buds in a large jar in my kitchen and another in my craft room. Some of the ways to use lavender is in culinary recipes, natural beauty, and crafts; but first, you need to harvest it!
Step 1: Harvest Lavender
I have just a few backyard lavender plants and from that I get more craft materials than I know what to do with! I leave the flowers on the plant for as long as I can (for the bees) but then it’s harvest time!
Step 2: Ways to Use Lavender
- Serenity Now! DIY Lavender Eye Pillows
- Blackberry-Lavender Soda
- Lavender and Oatmeal Tub Teas
- Lavender Dryer Bags
- Lavender Linen Water Recipe and Printable Label
- Dried Lavender Wreath
- Lavender Sachets
- Homemade Bath and Body Gifts Kids Can Make
- If This Doesn’t Help You Sleep I Don’t Know What Will!
- Soaps, Lotions, and Potions from the Garden
- Easy Infused Sugar Recipes
- Tub Tea Time!
- All Natural Vick’s Vapo Rub Recipe
- Healing Cuticle Balm Recipe
- Gardener’s Herbal Foot Soak Recipe
- DIY Plantable Seed Paper = Valentine’s Day Cards
- Cold-Process All-Natural Handmade Soap
- Lovely Lavender Ombre Melt and Pour Soap
- Gorgeous Lavender Oatmeal Soap Cupcakes (that Anyone can Make)
- Lavender and Cocoa Butter Bath Melts
- Infused Herbal Oils